We are an engineering business run by engineers with a focus on delivering innovative and clever design solutions for our clients.
Joining the young and friendly PJA Engineering team in its modern and well situated office provides an exciting career opportunity to further develop and carve out your own path within this responsive and dynamic business and profession.
Senior Flood Risk & Drainage Engineer
PJA Engineering are looking to recruit a Senior Flood Risk and Drainage Engineer to join the Civils design team. This exciting opportunity will involve working with a friendly team of specialist design engineers to deliver Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies for private sector clients, housing developments and Local Authorities.
The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Strategies, as well as the production and co-ordination of foul and surface water drainage design, river restoration/design, environmental impact assessment and other civil engineering works within the water/environment industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to help develop a strategically important sector of the business and the successful person will be key in building the business.
The candidate will ideally have:
- At least a higher education qualification in a relevant science discipline (however consideration would also be given to suitable candidates with relevant experience)
- At least five years' post-graduate experience in a relevant position
- Chartered status or working towards Chartered status (ICE/CIWEM) would be an advantage
- Comprehensive in delivering Flood Risk Assessments and outline and detailed Drainage Strategies
- A strong drainage capability (storm and foul)
- A good understanding of drainage design and the specification of SUDS
- Knowledge of river restoration scheme design, fluvial geomorphology and EIA/WFD compliance assessments would be an advantage
- An understanding of legislations such as NPPF, Flood and Water Management Act, Water Framework Directive and best practice in association with drainage, flood risk and the water environment
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling techniques, Microdrainage, FEH, AutoCAD and GIS
- Experience of meeting attendance and liaising with clients, architects, contractors, local authorities and other statutory bodies
- Good report writing skills
- Strong organisational, communication and time management skills
- Takes a practical approach to problem solving
If you are interested, please do get in touch for more information or to provide a curriculum vitae to: email@example.com